Before and After Lighting Retrofit Design
Although energy mismanagement happens for various reasons, one of the most common sources of misused energy stems from overhead lighting. Up to 60% of your energy bill may be directly linked to the amount of energy that is used to keep the lights shining overhead. This isn’t only an expensive option due to the amount of energy it takes to keep the lights running, but it is expensive because of the heat the lighting produces. Especially during summer months, excessive overhead lighting creates an added source of heat that often requires additional air conditioning. So not only are you paying more for your electric bill for lighting, but you are also paying more for excessive air conditioning use.
Although overhead lighting is an important aspect of daily operations, it is crucial to know that a lighting retrofit can assess your current energy use to see if there are ways to cut down on your expenses. A lighting retrofit is the process of replacing part or all of an electrical system with lighting and controls that make it use energy more efficiently. This process will not only save you money long term, but it will also allow you to confidently tell your customers and business partners that you are an energy conscious company.
Schaffhouser Electric offers lighting retrofit and design services to help your company become energy efficient. Your lighting retrofit may include any or all of the following:
- Analysis of and reduction of cost of overhead lighting
- Removal of lamps and ballasts
- Delamping, which is the process of testing the luminosity of your space and determining if it’s brighter than it needs to be, while still providing maximum safety and efficiency
- Replacement of T12 bulbs with T8 bulbs, which are narrower and more energy-efficient
- Analysis of and reduction of hours of operation using innovative controls
- Analysis of and reduction of costs of outdoor signage, exterior, and parking garage lighting
- Analysis of and reduction of cost of holiday lighting
Lighting retrofit and design is an investment that will yield significant returns. Our team here at Schaffhouser Electric Company will be able to work with you to discuss how much money this process can save you each and every year. We are happy to share solutions to reduce energy costs.
To learn more about lighting retrofit for your business, give us a call or email us today!