Whether in a bedroom, living room, on a patio or even in a gazebo, ceiling fans are one of the most versatile and most used appliances in your home. Ceiling fans are not only aesthetically pleasing, can add style much like furniture, They can also provide comfort in all.
No matter if it is Summer or Winter, ceiling fans can aid in heating or cooling your home or office more efficiently and help you save money by running your heating and cooling less. Ceiling fans use what is called ‘evaporative cooling’, meaning by circulating air across your skin, your body is naturally cooled by the process keeping you cooler in the Summer. Likewise, in the Winter months, reverse the rotation of the ceiling fan and warm air, that naturally rises, will be pushed back down and redistributed in your room. Almost all ceiling fans come with a directional switch for you to change the rotational direction of the blades.
A Few Tips To Remember
• Ceiling fans can save up to as much as 40% in cooling costs in the Summer and save as much as 10% in the Winter with heating costs
• Location matters when choosing a ceiling fan. If your ceiling fan will be used outside, then a ceiling fan specifically designed for outdoor use is needed
• The bigger the room, the bigger the fan needed
• Fans should be mounted 8 to 10 feet from the floor. Taller ceilings will need a down rod for proper height
• Controls can be a pull chain, wall switch or even remote control
• Prices vary. You can find a ceiling fan to fit any budget
Not only do ceiling fans aid in the cooling and heating of your home, add to the décor, they also help you save money all at the same time. Schaffhouser Electric can install ceiling fans, repair ceiling fans or aid you in making the right ceiling fan decision for your home or office. Contact Schaffhouser Electric for more information.
Category: Electrical Saving, Home Electrical